Friday 23 September 2022

21. Why Black People run faster, White People Swim faster?

Back in my school days, one of my coach told me that Black People have a denser bone, so physically they are born with a strong skeleton system which can hold together their muscle and body mass stronger than the rest of the people. So, whenever they run they can run faster than the rest. However, since their bone is denser, whenever they swim their body will sink and create a big drag. That why U C in Olympic 100m run most/all are black in color and in swimming event all is white/yellow color.

Once can always count argue that black are generally poor and there is no access to swimming pool other than river, pond and seas. Swimming may cost $$ in certain country, googles, fin, etc. Then it is a technical sport because water is 780x denser than air. Good coaching for improved swimming skill is required so that one can swim with less drag. Well, the argument goes on.  Running is free and running skill is pretty much established in africa. For more than 30 years, I did not progress with this theory, a theory without any verification. Then one fine day, I came across an article in a medical journal. That somewhat confirm my coach statement. 30 years confirmation. In summary,

The prevalence of osteoporosis is influenced by ethnicity and race. African Americans have both lower rates of osteoporosis and higher bone mass. However, the consequences of fracture are not lower in this ethnic group. Mortality after hip fracture is higher among African American women than among white women [22].Mar 23, 2011”

The full article can be found below.

 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3111798/

that what I want in life, not just theory2 only. Confirmation!==> then in become a FACT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Information Dissemination

 18th June 2024. I used to write blog but there is not much traffic in my blog. People simply don't read. So, who will be my target cust...