Friday 23 September 2022

19. Grab Driver Stories.

 Story 1: Jump airplane and work in Korea, Japan, Australia before

In Australia I Slaughter pigs. If you did not break the law, you can move around easily. No one will be there to stop you.  I thought the emigration department will send people to check. Well, he told me that is on the remote farm side. He said “Over my place, I even got a car under my name, I move around easily. As long as did not break the traffic rule or commit crime, I am good to go. The toughest to work is in South Korea, expectation is higher there. “

Story 2: Canteen operator.

The toughest part is when your worker did not come to work. Then you become a slave. You have to do everything. The factory provides everything kitchen, rent-free, cooking utensil, gas. All you need is to buy food and cooked them for factory workers.

Planning is important, Pork is not halal, most of the time you are stuck with chicken and eggs cause nepalist worker does not take beef. Lamb is too expensive so does prawn, fish and sotong. From time to time, you may get few fishes if it is cheap.

10 kg rice bag can be eaten by 80 persons or 60 persons if it is foreigner.

Each chicken can be broken into 12 parts, each part you earn only 50 cents.

Foreigner will take lot of rice, 1-2 dishes and many curries. There is nothing much to earn from foreign worker, on top of that you have to wash all the dishes for them. For 3 years I never have rest. Sickness come. The $$ is there but your body just could not take it anymore. The factory did called me back but  I cannot tahan already. So I left.

Story 3: Restaurant

First you must learn how to cut vegetables and meat. Then only you learn how to cook. The fried rice, fried mee is given to low ranking cook. The high end dishes you (restaurant owner) prepare yourself. It how you innovate, yesterday rice become today fried rice sell at cheaper price.  

Story 4: Longest Distance

What is the longest distance you drove? Well, there was one family missed their flight in KLIA. Their destination is Krabi, everything was booked. So, they asked me (the GRAB driver) to drove them all the way to Krabi. So, I drove them to Bukit Kayu HItam and liased with a Thailand VAN driver there. The van driver took them to Krabi. It was a very tiring trip.

 

Story 5: Economy Rice Operator Cum Taxi Driver.

I am earning double income, KLIA Taxi Driver + Economy Rice. U C I now own a new Nissan for the taxi operation. I earn about RM10K a month for my taxi operation. Then, I asked another independent taxi driver with private clientele. He told me in great detail that even if that fellow work 8 hours a day, he cannot make RM10K a month from taxi. On average 1 trip will be RM150/= then when u reached KLIA there is a 2 hour queue for your turn. So, all in 1 day you can make about 3.5 trips. Which is RM525/- then minus the expenses and car rental+maintenance. It will be a good around RM200 a day x 30 days = RM6000/-. Where got 10K. True enough later a few year onwards, he sold off his Nissan and no longer drove taxi. I asked him why few years later? He said he saw GRAB is coming so he got out early.

Lately, I bump up with that independent taxi driver, I asked this COVID-19 pandemic, how are you managing yourself. He said “Well, luckily I got some saving. If not I will be starving!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Information Dissemination

 18th June 2024. I used to write blog but there is not much traffic in my blog. People simply don't read. So, who will be my target cust...