Monday 9 January 2023

Food Reasoning. How Nice is Self-Barbeque meat?

     Most of you might have tasted Roasted Pig or Roasted Duck. This is a popular dish for Chinese. I wonder how long it takes for someone to learn how to roast a duck, chicken or pig professionally. This come to my mind after a barbeque meal at local barbeque restaurant.  I am not a professional chef or a good food reviewer but I have something to say for you to make your own conclusion. Prior to the roasting process, the meat has to be marinated evenly with special sauce for a prolong period of time. Most of the time, the sauce may be a trade secret. The roasting process has to be precise, not too early (uncooked meat), not too long (meat get dried and harden). At the same time, the burning process has to be evenly distributed. Thus, it is a long learning process.

Now let do a 180 degree turn, you go to a barbeque shop and barbeque your own marinated meat. How do you know it is fully cooked or over cooked or evenly cooked or evenly marinated. How tasty can it be? Can U beat those professional. The only advantage you have is your meat is hot and freshly cooked or perhaps nice friends + leng lui around. If there is a special sauce in the barbeque why don't the restaurant make their own roasted meat, fish, seafood etc. Thus my conclusion, 99% of time self-barbeque cannot beat those professional. I will go for self-barbeque mainly for fun and tasty food maybe secondary. If I want to eat nice barbeque I will go for those professional who will marinate, barbeque for me. E.g. “Ikan Bakar restaurant”, “Roasted Duck restaurant”, “roasted pig restaurant” etc. I will not go for self-barbeque restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Information Dissemination

 18th June 2024. I used to write blog but there is not much traffic in my blog. People simply don't read. So, who will be my target cust...